Thursday, December 10, 2009

Encouragement

So I had a really stinky day yesterday and today - work related. Then this afternoon, I get a phone call from one of my student leaders mom. The conversation started like this "I've been debating all day whether I should call you..." Immediately, my heart sank and I almost started crying. But I pulled it together! Here she had a concern about one of the programs we were doing (that was legitimate) and wanted me to know! I so appreciated her courage in bringing the concern to me directly. She encouraged me and told me she wanted the program to succeed.

Then I almost started crying again because I am overwhelmed by the support that I get from my friends, youth parents, volunteers, and even the kids themselves! Just love it. Praise the Lord!
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel