Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Part II

Christmas: The girls didn't get up until my parents showed up close to 9 am! I guess they were tuckered from getting home so late as well. I however was too excited to sleep any longer so I got up around 7:30 am. Put make-up on and everything, so I wouldn't look like the zombie I felt like in the pictures! Went out to the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, measured out the ingredients for the cake icing and just piddled around the kitchen - made a Chai latte of course!

My most precious memory of the season was Riley running out of the bedroom, telling me it was Jesus birthday and that he lived in her heart. Richard had been chatting with her in bed, but regardless it was adorable and made me super excited.

The girls were ubber excited about mixing the icing and icing the cake. They did a fine job! After they licked plenty of icing we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. Then it was present time. Eventhough, we spent a lot of $ on Christmas this year it didn't appear that way and I enjoyed our small but fun present exchange. Highlights: Richard got an iTouch, me a Nikon D40, we all got the Wii (that we got as a kicker when we bought our computer in August), and the Wii fit. The girls got Barbies, Wii Dora game, and of course their My Little People Play Family House. There were other gifts - clothes and such. Their favorite gift tho: the little make-up kits I got them from Claires! Lol!

I almost forgot Gigi - Gigi's favorite gift would be the ball pit (that was actually Evelyn's when she was 1). She LOVED it! Yes, I realize I regifted, but honestly, she loved it! And there was no point in spending $ on something else when I already had something she would love :)

After the present exchange we fixed a big yummy breakfast of eggs, pancakes, sausage, and bacon! My family bid us fairwell, Tyler was excited to play his new Wii hunting game. And we got ready to head out the door to Richard's parents. Whew! That was all before noon.

(To be continued).
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments: