Monday, April 13, 2009


Disclaimer: You probably won't care to read this. I'm writing it more for me:)

I've been on such an emotional roller coaster this last week, it's ridiculous. I'm all over the map, and right now I just feel plain anxious and even a little depressed. And it doesn't help any that I haven't been getting enough sleep, feel run-down, and my asthma has been acting up and the lack of oxygen just makes me feel so sluggish. Today is supposed to be laundry day/ clean the bathroom and bedrooms, and I just can't get up the energy to do it. And there's still milk on the kitchen table and floor from Riley spilling her cereal this morning. I just want Richard to come home, so he can give me a hug!!!

So after I wrote that first paragraph, I went and folded two loads of laundry (but have yet to clean up the milk) and believe it or not, I feel better.

Easter was good. David preached a great sermon yesterday, and the girls were so good I actually got to hear it. Sunrise at Calvary went well, despite the wrath of judgment I received from the organist for not having a bulletin. Why do we always have to have those things? Why does so much of our worship experience depend on reading from a piece of paper? Grrr. The kids did really well though; I'm so proud of the young men and women they're becoming.

After church we went to my parent's house for Easter dinner, I wish everyone could understand how good our family dinners are. I'm not exaggerating, I anticipate them weeks in advance. My Aunt Brenda fed Gigi sweet potatoes with all the sugar and butter and she loved them (of course). The Easter egg hunt was too much fun! Riley was having a blast, and she would get so excited she would pass up two or three eggs because she'd see another one off in the distance! Ah, I'm pretty sure 18-30 months is my favorite age! And I went to bed at 9 p.m.! I was so tired and Evelyn and Gigi were already sleeping, so I took Riley to bed with me, and out we went. I got really good sleep until about 6 a.m., and slept on and off until 9 a.m. I so needed it after the maybe 3 hours of sleep I got on Saturday night.

So I guess I'm working backwards in this post, which takes me to Saturday. It started off sleeping in (kind of) followed by a trip to the mall because I hadn't bought the girls anything for Easter yet. All was going fine, until we got home at 2:15 and Chad (the new guy in Affix) was supposed to be here at 3:30 p.m., which led to us cleaning. And all that went fine, and everything was clean but the kitchen and I asked Richard to finish it while I laid down for a minute because I wasn't feeling too well. That's when he made a comment about cleaning up my mess, which of course led to a fight because, you know, I never clean up any of his messes. Then I cooked an awesome dinner and took new pictures for Affix because of the band change (I'll talk about that later). The guys sat around and worked on music while I cleaned up some of the kitchen and put together the lasagna for Easter and Tuesday and one for the freezer. By the time we were finished it was after 10 p.m. This was then followed by a conversation that didn't go as well as I hoped which is still really bugging me, even though Richard assures me it's fine. So by the time we crawled into bed around midnight, Gigi decided to wake up and cry for two to three hours (I'm pretty sure she's teething). Then I definately couldn't go to sleep between worrying about the conversation and the fact that I was going to be exhausted on Easter.

Affix change: I'm not sure how many of you who read this actually know anything about Affix, but after the last drummer quit, the band was down to Richard (guitar/singer), Scott (bass/back-up singer who really didn't sing in the shows), and Eric a.k.a. Hank (guitar). Not much of a band, I know. So they devised this plan which I was not too happy about. Richard was going to move to drums/back-up vocals, Eric to bass, Scott to rhythm guitar because they picked up Jason to play lead. And they auditioned Chad to sing lead. This to me is absolutely insane! I mean, they've been at this two years, have all this music written and have spent over $1000 recording their CD. HOWEVER, I stood corrected because after one kind-of practice the other night, I can't believe how well it's going to come together. Chad is an amazing singer and I think probably just want they needed to take it to the next level. So we'll see . . . I'm really anxious about all this because I know, given the opportunity, Richard will want to quit his job to pursue this.

Add the earthquake in Italy last week, and that's pretty much why I feel the way I do!

No comments: